Our faculty and students are engaging in funded research, participating in focused studios and workshops, conducting case studies, convening public dialogue processes, and developing new ways to visualize solutions.
In accordance with the shared philosophy of our School, our approach will be to search for innovative strategies that:
- grow out of a thoughtful design and planning process;
- consider not only alternative means to meet needs but also alternative conceptions of need; and
- expand the scope of infrastructure to include public spaces, civic places and the settlement patterns and lifestyles reflected in our communities and regions.
Selected Research Projects
- Inaki Alday + Margarita Jover — AldayJover
- Phoebe Crisman — Istanbul: City at the Threshold
- Phoebe Crisman — Money Point Sustainable Revitalization Study
- Karolin Moellmann — on water
- Jorg Sieweke — paradoxcity
- Bill Sherman — The Bay Game