To All A-School Alumni Classes 2006-2015,
For those interested in joining the A-school Young Alumni Council (AYAC), now is your chance to apply! The deadline for applications is Wednesday, July 15, 2015 by 5PM. The application questions are below, and responses should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a classmate that you would like to nominate, feel free to email his/her name and why you think they would be great for the Council.
The AYAC consists of 25-30 members who graduated from the A-School within the last 10 years (undergraduate or graduate programs). The mission of the AYAC is to create a community for recent graduates – to provide mentorship to students and fellow alumni, create networking and volunteer opportunities, and organize social events to connect alumni to one another and back to the School. For more information on the AYAC, please scroll to the bottom of this link and click on “A-school Young Alumni Council.” The AYAC currently has alumni regions in Washington DC, New York City, Philadelphia, Seattle, San Francisco, Charlottesville and Boston. Members who live/go to school outside of these major regions are encouraged to participate in larger AYAC initiatives (newsletters, mentoring, ways to give back, etc) and we are open to suggestions on how to better engage alumni outside these high-density regions.
New Council members will begin their terms at the annual meeting in Charlottesville which will be September 25-27th this year, and will be asked to serve a two-year term with the option to renew. Please feel free to email email@example.com or any of the AYAC nominating committee members with any questions.
We look forward to reviewing the applications and to adding great, new members to our team!
- Kim Wong Haggart; UVa School of Architecture Foundation
- Renee Pean, Patrick Woods, Bernard Harkless, Jaime Norwood, Joy Hu, Gabriela Gutowski, and Steven Reilly; The AYAC Nominating Committee
Copy and paste this questionnaire to email to Kim Wong Haggart, Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
AYAC 2015 Application Instructions
There is no word limit – use as many words as you need to effectively and thoroughly answer each question. However, brevity is appreciated.
Applications are due on July 15, 2015. Good luck and thank you for applying!
Degree + Year:
Current Job + Title (if known):
- Why are you applying to serve on the School of Architecture Young Alumni Council
- Describe your past and present involvement (if any) in University-related clubs, organizations, and activities.
- Describe your professional experience and other involvement outside of the University since graduation.
- In your experience, how effective is the School of Architecture at serving the needs and interests of the young alumni community currently? What ideas do you have – both large and small – for greater engagement between the School of Architecture and its young alumni/recent graduates?
For Class of 2015 recent graduates only:
- Having just completed your final year, how can the AYAC best serve graduating students? (did you attend the Alumni Career speed mentoring? Did your reach out to AYAC members for advice?)
- What are your plans after graduation?